* Greenville Suzuki Strings Association and Greenville ISD regret we are unable to host the Greenville Suzuki Workshop until further notice. Thank you for your interest in our workshop. Producing the Workshop for you has been our great pleasure! *
2019 WORKSHOP ENSEMBLES
ADVANCED ENSEMBLE FOR VIOLIN, VIOLA AND CELLO
In addition to the basic registration classes, students who choose this option will meet for a two hour rehearsal on Friday night and as scheduled during the day on Saturday. Attendance both Friday and Saturday is required except by approval. These students will be performing ensemble pieces chosen for the level of those enrolled and for performance on the Workshop Festival Concert. Instrument parts will be sent by email ahead of time so that students can come prepared. The Advanced Ensemble will be open to Violin, Viola, and Cello students and will be directed by Paul Landefeld.
2019 ENSEMBLE PARTS WILL BE SENT BY EMAIL BY 1/11/2019.
REQUIRED MINIMUM PERFORMANCE LEVEL for ADVANCED ENSEMBLE
(The pieces listed refer to pieces that have been polished.)
- Violin – Humoresque, Book 3 with knowledge of 3rd position
- Viola – Gavotte By Lully, Book 2 with knowledge of 3rd position
- Cello – Two Grenadiers, Book 2
- Sight reading ability required.
- Reading and playing level should include:
- A basic understanding of shifting .
- Familiarity with time signatures of 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 and 6/8.
- Familiarity with key signatures using 3 sharps and 2 flats.
INTRODUCTION TO ENSEMBLE PLAYNG FOR VIOLINISTS
This class is designed for violin students who have completed “I Can Read Music, Vol. 1” and above or equivalent. Students should also know the letter names and fingerings of the notes in first position for their instrument and be able to read notes on all four strings. This class will provide an opportunity for Suzuki violin students with little or no orchestra or ensemble experience to discover the joys and rewards of playing in an ensemble. Students may attend this class either Saturday only or both Friday and Saturday. For the best experience, attendance both days is encouraged.
TEACHER APPROVAL IS REQUIRED FOR ADVANCED ENSEMBLE and INTRODUCTION TO ENSEMBLE PLAYING for VIOLINISTS.
Submitting the Workshop application acknowledges teacher approval.
Advanced Ensemble and Introduction to Ensemble Playing for Violinists Require Basic Registration plus an additional fee.
Please call if you would like more details about the music or help deciding if this is a good option for you. If desired, we can send a copy of the music to a teacher who can help make a decision on whether a student is ready for this opportunity.
Add Advanced Ensemble or Introduction to Ensemble Playing For Violinists to your Basic Registration!
• Will replace one group or enrichment class.
• Advanced Ensemble will perform in the workshop concert.
• Can be combined with Fiddling for a packed but exciting schedule!
• Advanced Ensemble starts at 7:00pm Friday and 8:45am Saturday.
2019 WORKSHOP CELLO CHOIR
See Information and Requirements for Cello Choir under Cello Choir Tab in Menu.
2019 VIOLA ENSEMBLE
See Information and Requirements for Viola Ensemble under Viola Ensemble Tab in Menu.