2017 WORKSHOP ORCHESTRA
In addition to the basic registration classes, students who choose this option will meet for a two hour rehearsal on Friday night and two hours on Saturday morning, each with a 15 minute break. They will meet for one more hour as the last class of the day on Saturday right before the Festival Concert. These students will be performing orchestral pieces chosen for the Workshop on the Festival Concert. Instrument parts will be sent by email ahead of time so that students can come prepared. Orchestra will be open to Violin, Viola, and Cello students. The Orchestra will be directed by Paul Landefeld.
2017 ORCHESTRA PARTS WILL BE SENT BY EMAIL BY 1/20/2017.
REQUIRED MINIMUM PERFORMANCE LEVEL
(The pieces listed refer to pieces that have been polished.)
- Violin – Humoresque, Book 3
- Viola – Gavotte By Lully, Book 2
- Cello – Two Grenadiers, Book 2
- Sight reading ability required.
- Reading and playing level should include:
- A basic understanding of shifting .
- Familiarity with time signatures of 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 and 6/8.
- Familiarity with key signatures using 3 sharps and 2 flats.
TEACHER APPROVAL IS REQUIRED FOR ORCHESTRA.
Submitting the Workshop application acknowledges teacher approval.
Orchestra Requires Basic Registration plus additional fee.
Please call if you would like more details about the music or help deciding if this is a good option for you. If desired, we can send a copy of the music to a teacher who can help make a decision on whether a student is ready for this opportunity.
Add Orchestra to your basic registration!
• Will replace one group or enrichment class
• Perform with the orchestra in the workshop concert
• Can be combined with Fiddling for a packed but exciting schedule!
• Orchestra starts at 5:00pm Friday and 8:30am Saturday.