* Greenville Suzuki Strings Association and Greenville ISD regret we are unable to host the Greenville Suzuki Workshop until further notice. Thank you for your interest in our workshop. Producing the Workshop for you has been our great pleasure! *
2019 WORKSHOP CELLO CHOIR
There is no more beautiful sound to be heard than that made by a group of cellists playing in three or four-part harmony! The enormous range of the cello lends itself perfectly to recreating the soprano-alto-tenor-bass harmony of a Bach chorale, for example, with the soulful sounds of our instrument. Our two hours together on Friday night will be spent preparing for a performance on Saturday’s final concert. This class is open to anyone in the Suzuki Cello School Book 2 and above. Music and sound files will be sent out and parts assigned to everyone ahead of time so that from the very first sounds we make we’ll remember why we chose to play the cello. The Cello Choir will be directed by Rodney Farrar.
2019 CELLO CHOIR PARTS WILL BE SENT BY EMAIL BY 1/11/2019.
REQUIRED MINIMUM PERFORMANCE LEVEL
This class is open to anyone in the Suzuki Cello School Book 2 and above.
TEACHER APPROVAL IS REQUIRED FOR CELLO CHOIR.
Submitting the Workshop application acknowledges teacher approval.
Cello Choir requires Basic Registration plus an additional fee.
Please call if you would like more details about the music or help deciding if this is a good option for you. If desired, we can send a copy of the music to a teacher who can help make a decision on whether a student is ready for this opportunity.
Add Cello Choir to your basic registration!
• May replace one group or enrichment class in order to schedule.
• Perform with the Cello Choir in the workshop concert.
• Can be combined with Advanced Ensemble for a packed but exciting schedule!
• Cello Choir starts at 7:00pm Friday and will also be scheduled on Saturday.